Nix Home Care
Phone: (210) 341-0505
Fax: (210) 341-0707
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Whether you are leaving the hospital or just had a routine visit with your doctor, Nix Home Care provides the care you need in the comfort of your home. Our unrivaled team of nurses, social workers, physical, occupational, and speech therapists, and healthcare aides are dedicated to your personal attention.
An RN from Nix Home Care is on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure a prompt, professional response. Our home care nurses coordinate the delivery of physician-prescribed nursing care, therapies, home health aides and related items. One call from your doctor is all you need to access these services.
Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance cover most home care services. Services must be skilled, intermittent and ordered by a physician. Regulatory agencies require patients to be confined to their home to qualify for home care services.
Nix Home Care is licensed and certified by Medicare and the Texas Department of Health.
- Coordination of Medical Equipment and Supplies - Arrange for necessary medical equipment and supplies
- Home Health Aides- Bathing, hygiene, dressing, ADLs, transfers and ambulating
- Medical Social Work- Community resources, long range planning and decision making
- Occupational Therapy - Safety evaluation of the home, muscle re-education, fine motor training, home exercise programs and assistance with ADLs
- Physical Therapy - Safety evaluation of the home, gait training, pain management, strength training, therapeutic exercises and transfer training.
- Skilled Nursing - Medication management, diabetic teaching, wound care, colostomy care, bowel training and diet, foley care, bladder training, cardiac rehabilitation, oxygen safety, tube feedings and teaching, B-12 injections, IV antibiotics, TPN, PICC line care, and lab draws
- Speech Therapy- Articulation treatment, voice disorder treatment and swallow studies
- Lab Tests