Awards & Accolades
We Provide Award-Winning Healthcare
Over the course of our 80+ year history, Nix Health has earned much recognition.
We are extremely proud of our hard-working employees, nursing staff, and
medical practitioners, without whom we would not have achieved such high
quality levels, awards, and accolades.
Nix Health Has Been Recognized with the Following:
- Get with the Guidelines Gold Achievement Award, presented by the American
Heart Association. The Gold Achievement Award is awarded to facilities
that have reached an aggressive goal of treating patients with coronary
artery disease, heart failure, or stroke with 85% or higher compliance
to core standards for at least 24 months.
- Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement SM, presented by Blue
Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, a Division of Health Care Service Corporation.
With this designation, Nix has demonstrated expertise in delivering quality
knee and hip replacement by meeting objective, evidence-based criteria
developed in collaboration with expert physicians and medical organizations'
Institute of Quality Orthopedic Care for Total Joint Replacement, presented
by national insurance leader, Aetna. This designation is based on measures of clinical performance,
access, and efficiency for orthopedic care in both inpatient and outpatient
- A national healthcare quality ratings and services company has awarded
Nix Health's Orthopedic Services Center 5 stars, their highest rating,
for hip fracture repair and total knee replacement.
- The Nix Weight Loss Surgery Center is recognized as a Bariatric Surgery
Center of Excellence by The American Society for Bariatric Surgery’s (ASBS).
- The Nix Weight Loss Surgery Center has also been recognized as an Aetna
Institute of Quality® Bariatric Surgery Facility for treating individuals
living with morbid, or extreme, obesity. Facilities are selected for consistently
delivering evidence-based, safe care.
- The Nix Weight Loss Surgery Center is recognized as an MBSAQIP Accredited
Center - Comprehensive by the American College of Surgeons.
- Nix Limb Salvage, Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center has been formally
recognized as one of the top treatment facilities in the country, receiving
accreditation with distinction from the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical
- Café Navarro has been featured in the San Antonio Express-News Taste
Section for its delicious meals. “Café Navarro at the Nix
serves dishes that rise above most institutional food, and some of the
dishes rival those of many restaurants.”
*Note: Designation as Blue Distinction Centers means these facilities’
overall experience and aggregate data met objective criteria established
in collaboration with expert clinicians’ and leading professional
organizations’ recommendations. Individual outcomes may vary.