Quality Care Since 1930
In 1930, in the midst of the Great Depression, the Nix Professional Building
was established in San Antonio. The first “medical mall” of
its kind in the entire United States, the building was an innovative concept
conceived by Joseph M. Nix. Even with few available resources, Mr. Nix
was able to envision and bring to life a large, multi-million dollar building
that not only housed a hospital, but physicians’ offices and a parking
garage as well. The groundbreaking J. M. Nix Professional Building, now
simply known as the Nix Medical Center, helped transform the structure
of healthcare throughout South Texas and the United States as a whole.
Since its inception nearly 90 years ago, Nix Health has been a symbol
of leadership and innovation in medical care in San Antonio and the surrounding areas.
With facilities now spread throughout San Antonio, including a state-of-the-art
behavioral health hospital and physical rehabilitation center, Nix Health
has dramatically expanded its scope of services. We work with top physicians
and industry-leading medical practitioners in order to provide our patients
with the best treatments and care possible. From primary care to behavioral
health to physical rehabilitation, we offer comprehensive, patient-centric
care with a compassionate approach.
Learn more about what we do by calling us today at 1-844-GoToNix.
Nix Health Firsts
At Nix Health, we maintain our status as a leader in San Antonio medical
services and treatments. We’re proud of our top physicians who have
performed many “firsts” in the medical field.
At Nix Health, we were the first to:
- Research and develop the first non-rusting metal used in bone fracture
repair, known as Vitallium metal plates
- Offer TAG laser ophthalmic surgery and lens implants in San Antonio
- Open a nuclear medicine department and offer radiation therapy in San Antonio
- Perform innovative, advanced bone scans
- Open a senior health center staffed by geriatric specialists and entirely
focused on older adults
- Use a 40-slice Brilliance CT scanner for more accurate diagnosis west of
- Offer women a “soft” mammography option in San Antonio
- Provide a truly comprehensive wound healing center to assist those needing
extended wound care
At Nix Health, we’re committed to a tradition of leadership, integrity,
and unparalleled medical care. We offer a compassionate approach personalized
to your unique healthcare needs. Whether you’re in search of behavioral
healthcare, physical rehabilitation, surgical treatment, or primary care,
our top-rate staff is prepared to help you with compassionate, personalized care.